Expediting a K1 Visa

Posted by Jeremy BraschMar 29, 20220 Comments

A common question that people ask is “Can I get my K1 Visa Expedited?” If your petition has already been mailed to the USCIS, the answer is typically “No” with one exception, a Military Expedite. Members of the U.S. military can send a request for a Military Expedite if they have a pending deployment in regard to Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom. There are two steps you must complete in order to receive an expedited visa.

      • First you must mail your K1 visa petition and wait for the receipt called the NOA1.Then you must fax a cover letter with “EXPEDITE REQUEST” written at the top of the letter. The main body of the letter should include a written portion explaining how your deployment will interfere with the immigration process. The letter should also include (1) your full name, (2) the receipt numbers from the NOA1, (3) the actual NOA1, (4) a return fax number, (5) and your military orders.

Note: Not all of the Military Expedite requests will be approved, however if your request is approved, you will receive a reply within 72hrs (by fax most likely, but it could be by phone). No reply means no approval.

  • If you need further Assistance: 1-877-247-4645 or 1-877-CIS-4MIL are the numbers at the USCIS designated for military personnel.