Committed to Helping Franchisees Succeed
At Providence Law, we know that franchising gives individuals the opportunity to experience the benefits of small business ownership while being associated with a recognized and established business entity. Our law firm has a stellar reputation for being a valuable legal resource and for providing top-notch representation to clients who want to purchase and operate successful franchises.
Our Firm Is Designed For Your Legal Needs
Entering into a franchise agreement is a major commitment. Franchisees can sometimes be held to the terms of the contracts they sign for more than two decades and usually have to put down an initial investment that can range anywhere from $40,000 to over $10,000,000. In addition to the financial risk and legal liability, there is also the matter of reviewing the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD), which can be more than 50 pages of complicated legalese.
When you choose Providence Law, our franchise attorneys will work closely with you to review the terms of your franchise contract and negotiate on your behalf regarding the long-term obligations of both parties. We will also be there to provide reliable and efficient counsel throughout the life of your franchise business so that you are equipped to handle terminations and non-renewal disputes.
Legal Services We Provide for Franchisees
Our seasoned lawyers can assist you with any of the following matters:
- Contract Review & Negotiation of Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD): We conduct contract reviews and negotiate franchise documents using our decades of trusted knowledge and experience representing businesses.
- FDD Compliance: We help ensure that your franchise sale is compliant with all franchise laws and regulations, and follows best practices to reduce risk to you while setting up a solid foundation for growth.
- Buying a Franchise: We can guide you through the entire franchise purchasing process, including FDDs, regulations, trademarks, and any disputes that may arise between parties.
- Breach of Contract: Breaches can occur due to supply/distribution issues, modifications, failure to perform, and more. If you are dealing with a contract breach, we aggressively advocate to protect your interests and help to minimize the negative impact on you.
- Franchise Termination & Renewal Rights: Termination and renewal disputes can be complex, as you must ensure that you fully understand your rights and obligations. We can represent and protect your best interests during this process.
- Franchise Associations: We can assist franchises with leveraging a franchise association to more effectively manage franchisees. We can also resolve disputes involving franchise associations.
- Franchise Disputes: Disputes involving franchises can range from territory disputes to franchise agreement conflicts. No matter what your issue, we provide cost-effective solutions, and are prepared to take an issue to court if necessary to protect you.
- Franchise Acquisition & Consulting: We provide consulting for franchises who are interested in acquiring additional franchises. We can provide guidance on market dynamics, compliance issues, and other important elements to help you make financially sound decisions.
- Multi-Unit Development Agreements (MUDA): We can work with clients who are considering MUDA as part of their franchise ownership model, and guide them through the intricate challenges, rights, obligations, and benefits of their situation.
Creative Solutions to Help You Start & Grow Your Franchise
At Providence Law, we take great pride in being an all-inclusive business resource for the clients we serve. We are here to explain your rights and legal options as you navigate the franchise system you want to invest in. If you decide you want to sell your franchise in the future, you can count on us to be there to lend you our knowledge and help enact a well-crafted exit strategy.
Call our firm today at (704) 412-9450 to get started on your free intake call so we can discuss your situation.